Immumax – sachets
Is a unique combination of 6 immune-boosting ingredients of Yeast fermentate, Lactoferrin, Colostrum, Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Zinc in the form of single dose sachet. It helps in boosting the immunity of children and adults.
- Yeast fermentate modulates the immune system and influence antioxidant levels in the blood; hence shows scientifically proven immune boosting benefits including a reduction in cold and flu-like symptoms in non vaccinated individuals, a reduction in the incidence and duration of cold and flu symptoms who had been vaccinated and an improvement in allergy-like symptoms like a runny nose.
- Lactoferrin is a type of iron-binding glycoprotein that is naturally present in body fluids including human milk. It is a component of the immune system responsible for defense at the mucosal level, due to its high antimicrobial activity through its proven anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- Colostrum is the first form of milk produced by the mammary glands of mammals immediately following delivery of the newborn. Bovine colostrum strengthens immunity and supports a healthy gut due to its rich content of Lactoferrin that acts as a prebiotic and stimulates the growth of good bacteria in the gut such as Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium.
- Vitamin C boosts immunity through its involvement in many parts of the immune system. It helps encourage the production of white blood cells known as lymphocytes and phagocytes, which help protect the body against infections. Moreover, it helps these white blood cells function more effectively while protecting them from damage by potentially harmful molecules, such as free radicals. Also, Vitamin C is an essential part of the skin’s defense system. It is actively transported to the skin where it can act as an antioxidant and help strengthen the skin’s barriers, hence shortening wound healing time.
- Vitamin D: in addition to its classic effects on calcium and bone homeostasis. Vitamin D can modulate innate and adaptive immune responses. Deficiency in vitamin D is associated with increased autoimmunity as well as increased susceptibility to infection.
- Zinc is found in cells throughout the body. It is needed for the body’s defensive (immune) system to properly work. It plays a role in cell division, cell growth and wound healing. Recent information from an expert review on zinc supplements showed that it may reduce the risk of becoming sick with the common cold and may reduce how long the symptoms last and make the symptoms less severe.